Monofilament Lines RM-Tec Fluoro
Developed in conjunction with Carp Talk/Mainline Carp Angler of the Year Dave Levy and former distance casting World Record holder Terry Edmonds, the RM-Tec lines have been put through their paces by our expansive testing team across Europe – from 1 acre ponds to 10,000 acre+ inland seas and big snaggy rivers, they have been a keystone in landing fish to over 70lb from multiple countries. Conservatively rated, the RM-Tec lines will break well above the stated breaking strains when used with a well tied knot and have performed without fault throughout the final testing stage.
RM-Tec Fluoro is a fluorocarbon coated mainline with superior casting qualities and low stretch, ideal for fishing heavily pressured waters with spooky fish that have seen it all – the high density coating allows the line to hug the bottom contours, remaining undetected by the target species while still retaining the casting qualities of a standard monofilament: the perfect middle ground between weight and castability. High abrasion resistance and low memory.
- Strong: the heavy, tough nature of the fluorocarbon coating ensures high abrasion resistance and durability
- Supple: the pre-stretched mono core means the RM-Tec Fluoro flows effortlessly off the spool during the cast
- Low stretch: excellent bite indication and emphasised “donk” when feeling the lead down, even at long range
- Fast sinking: cuts through the surface tension like a knife and settles brilliantly across the bottom
- Low visibility: clear tone suitable for all situations
- 1000m spool available in 0.33mm (15lb) and 0.37mm (20lb) breaking strain
Formed in early 2014, RidgeMonkey® is a think tank of like-minded anglers, striving to bring to market a range of thoughtful products that make a difference. In this short time the company has grown from a single idea to a multichannel retailer, selling a range of top quality items at competitive prices. Regardless of whether we're developing an existing idea or innovating a completely new one, all of our products go through a rigorous testing stage and nothing is ever released until it's 100% right.