Fish-Skull - Chockletts Body Tubing
Blane Chocklett is widely regarded as one of the best big game anglers, fly tiers, and guides in the world. Chocklett’s Body Tubing is the authentic “secret ingredient” used by Blane in everything from trout flies to musky flies for heads, to segment the bodies, and to keep the materials flared up, allowing them to push more water and have the illusion of bulk — the hollow fly effect — while being light and castable all day.
Use less materials and still have the same amount of body.
Allows for easier body tapering of larger flies tied from deer hair or other fibers.
Protects thread wraps from the fish’s teeth.
Makes the fly push more water.
For use in fresh and saltwater streamers.
1. Slide a piece of Body Tubing over the shank onto the edge of your tying material.
2. Tie in and leave thread in place.
3. Fold the tubing completely over itself toward the tail.
4. Adjust the open end of tubing to line up over the tied-in end. Tie off.
5. Fold the now doubled-over tubing back toward the tail to create a dam.
6. Begin the next segment directly in front of the dam to flare out the materials.
Hareline Dubbin was founded in 1981 by Bob and Nelda Borden. It has grown from the kitchen stove top with 12 colors of Hareline Dubbin to a 15,000 square foot facility with thousands of fly tying products ready to deliver. We do our best to give our dealers the best quality products and quickest delivery in the industry. Hareline has had over 20 years experience delivering fly tying materials throughout the world.