Start by forming a layer of thread, push the Magic Head over the hook eye, secure with some wraps of tying thread, then complete the fly. Straight shank hooks recommended. Adjust the size of the Magic Head to the hook size by cutting down, following the edge. Cutting, on the weighted side, we will increase the wiggling effect by 30%. You can weight your flies using beads, cones or eyes. One thing to remember, the cut should always be on the weighted side.
- Soft and lightweight head
- Does not reduce the gap of hooks
- Streamer action and wiggling action
- Made from a non-toxic component
- Easy to tie
- Does not need a rotating device
- Will not break or damage the tip of your rod (if accidentally wound back into the rod tip)
Recommendations Straight eye hooks are recommended specially for small sizes. When you need to weight your flies:
- You can use brass or tungsten eyes below the hook shank.
- Or use heavy wires along the hook shank and bend.
- Or apply a bead up to the eye before applying the Magic Head.
- Tying materials on top will keep the weight of the hook bend balanced with the Magic Tool
The Magic Heads are soft, silicone-like cup, that you tie on the hook shank, prior the other tying element (the best to use the hook with straight eye).
Folded backwards, the flies works like a regular Streamer. Folded forwards, the flies wiggled like de real fish.
We commend to larger flies on the pike, zander or sea trout, however larger trout won`t lean of such bait.
Popular in sea flies on such fish as e.g. Bonefish or Tarpon.
Since 1990 Marc Petitjean have developed a small, yet comprehensive range of fly fishing products for the modern angler. Over the years, we have introduced many new and imaginative products to the market. Irrespective of their cost or complexity, all are aimed at giving the innovative fly tier the ability to make and develop better flies.
We are proud that Marc Petitjean products have been honoured with 15 international awards.